Simogo早前推出的《水手之夢》吸引瞭不少玩傢的註意,這裡帶來遊戲中全錄音翻譯,另外其新作<燈塔畫>也將延續這裡的劇情,喜歡的玩傢可以關註一下。
一點:
She was always lonely.
她總是很孤獨。
There was a little girl stayed with her in the summer.
有一個小女孩在夏天陪伴著她。
I can’t recall why she took the girl in it at first.
我想不起來她一開始為什麼要從那裡帶女孩走。
Out of kindness, I suppose.
出於善心吧,我想。
Where the child’s parents were, god only knows.
那個孩子的父母在哪,隻有上帝知道
She lighted up whenever the girl was there.
女孩在的時候,她就會精神煥發。
They would do imagining things together.
她們會一起想象事物。
It was a strange game they played.
這是她們玩的一個奇怪的遊戲。
I created the most wonderful, strange islands in their minds.
我為她們的想象創造出最美妙的奇異島嶼。
I think she wanted to keep the girl, but for some reason, he* wasn’t allowed.
我想她希望留著女孩,但由於某些原因,他不被允許這樣。
The rest of the year that girl lived in some sort of institution.
一年裡的其他時候,那個女孩住在某個機構裡面。
We never talked about it much.
我們從不過多地談論它。
He* got a sense that they weren’t treating her right.
他有種感覺,他覺得他們沒有正確地照料她。
Place was tore down a couple years ago.
那地方幾年前被拆除瞭。
Good riddance.
好的解脫。
p.s.聽瞭很多遍,*處都是He的發音,與前後文很難連貫。兩種推測:一是水手有各種簡略說法的習慣(看加勒比海盜就知道),依照前後文應該是she,但不確定有沒有這樣的說法;二是這裡的He指其餘文字中出現過的那位“守衛”,這樣也對得上在五點錄音處出現的從未提及的“他”。這裡按第二種解釋譯出。
兩點:
Her body was never found.
她的屍體一直沒有被找到。
The great storm took her, the very storm that took my arm.
那場大風暴奪走瞭她,就是那場奪走瞭我手臂的風暴。
They all said she was dead.
他們都說她死瞭。
I don’t believe that.
我不相信這個。
I can’t believe them.
我沒法相信他們。
I love to think she’s out there some where.
我喜歡想著她在外面的某個地方。
I imagine there, some place warm, but not too warm.
我想象著那裡,溫暖的地方,但又不是太溫暖。
I’ve searched for her all over the world.
我踏遍整個世界去尋找她。
But I don’t even recognize her.
但我卻認不出她來。
She should be old like me now.
她現在應該像我一樣老瞭。
I don’t think she’ll be able to recognize me.
我不覺得她能夠認出我來。
How weird it will be it now.
事情變成這樣是多麼的奇怪啊。
三點:
I like the nights alone on the bridge, just me and the ocean, and the memories.
我喜歡獨自在橋上的時候的晚上,隻有我和大海,還有回憶。
Tonight, my mind drifted to the little girl.
今晚,我的思緒飄到瞭那個小女孩。
I never saw that child again.
我沒有再看見那個孩子瞭。
Perhaps I should have visited her.
也許我應該去探望她。
But I couldn’t.
但我做不到。
I was so angry, I’m so **.
我太生氣瞭,我怒火中燒。
Those were dark years, I don’t remember even now.
那些都是黑暗的年日,我現在都不記得瞭。
I try to think of the good times.
我努力嘗試去想那些美好的時光。
Perhaps, they could come again.
也許,它們能再次回來。
四點:
I saw the northern light yesterday.
昨晚我看見北極光瞭。
Amazing as they are, I’ve seen even stranger things.
它們是如此的令人驚奇啊,我曾看過更奇異的事物。
I’ve seen animals that would never be seen again.
我曾看見不會再被看見的動物。
I’ve seen waves that could drown the world.
我曾看見能夠淹沒世界的海浪。
I’ve seen the ghost of a murdered friend, ** to my help.
我曾看見一個被殺害的朋友的靈魂,尋求我的幫助。
I’ve seen a ship without a crew, ** itself, across the ocean.
我曾看見一艘沒有船員的船,指揮著自己,穿過海洋。
I’ve seen the whale cry.
我曾看見鯨魚哭泣。
I’ve seen much.
我看見瞭太多
I could picture all of these if I closed my eyes, but not her face.
若然我閉上眼,我能夠回憶起這一切,但除瞭她的臉。
Now, it has been lost to me.
現在,對我來說它已經丟失瞭。
I try to picture it, but it slips away.
我嘗試回想起它,但它飄走瞭。
Maybe it’s for the best.
也許這樣是最好的。
Maybe it’s for the best.
也許這樣是最好的。
p.s. “cry”有喊叫以及哭泣的雙重含義。個人覺得鯨魚哭泣要奇特一點……
五點:
There’s no ** , did I?
It’s comforting to see the lighthouse in the distance.
看見在遠處的燈塔令人舒適。
I passed it from time to time.
我時不時會經過它。
I’m now the lighthouse keeper, we speak on the radio sometimes.
我現在是燈塔的看守人瞭,我們有時會在無線電裡交談。
We don’t meet in person, but we understand each other.
我們沒有親自見面,但我們瞭解對方。
I think he’s old like me.
我想他像我那樣很老瞭。
And I suppose a bit lonely, like me.
而且我想有點孤獨,像我那樣。
He envies me, he says.
他羨慕我,他說。
** to see more places when he was younger.
在他更年輕的時候他應該去看更多的地方。
That’s a regret if don’t share.
如果不分享的的話那便是遺憾啊。
I don’t think he envied me that night, not least with that.
我不認為那個晚上他會羨慕我,至少不會羨慕那些。
But I’m glad to see his light.
但我很高興能夠看見他的燈光。
I’m glad to the coffee that keeps me warm, little things too.
我很高興能有那些讓我暖和的咖啡,還有一些小事。
But what else there is?
但那裡還有什麼?
p.s. He的推測參照一點錄音
六點:
♪♫♩♬……
This music coming from a shore, it makes me familiar.
這段從岸邊傳來的音樂,讓我感到很熟悉。
I imagine people dancing, imagine people in love.
我想象著人們跳著舞,想象人們墜入愛河。
It’s quite a beautiful scene, I paint it in my head.
這是一個漂亮的場景,我在腦海裡描繪著它。
There is a strong mystical power in music.
音樂有一股強大而又奇妙的力量。
She understood that.
她知道這一點。
I’ve never been very musical but, I could dance will enough.
我從來沒有什麼音樂才華,但我跳舞跳得足夠好。
Now I just listen.
現在我隻是在聽著。
I stay behind tonight.
今晚我退到後場。
I can hear the music from here.
我可以從這裡聽到音樂。
A lot the way it travels across the water.
它穿過長路,穿過大海。
I rarely leave the ship these days.
這幾天來我很少離開船。
Someone might call me on the radio.
可能會有人在無線電裡叫我。
七點:
Stare sky, did I?
在盯著天空看吧,我?
I beg a dream of her.
我祈求我能有一個她出現的夢。
It’s strange, she seems to visit my dreams only when the stars are shine and bright.
很奇怪,她似乎隻會在星光閃爍的時候走進我的夢裡。
The first few years, after she vanished, they were only nightmares.
在她消失之後一開始的那幾年,它們都隻是噩夢
A ** the ocean.
還有那海洋。
Those dreams seldom visit me now.
那些夢現在很少造訪我瞭。
Now, I dream of a cottage.
現在,我夢見一間小屋。
She sits by the fire side.
她坐在爐火的旁邊。
There’s music in the air.
空中有音樂在飄蕩。
I walk slowly towards her, and she turns her head to me.
我緩緩地走向她,她把頭轉向瞭我。
But before I could see her face, the dream ends.
但在我可以看到她的臉之前,夢就結束瞭。
My arm still aches after all these years.
這麼多年過去瞭,我的手臂依舊會痛。
I’ve never love another.
我沒有再愛過另外一個人。
八點:
The cottage is long gone, burnt to the ground.
小屋已經不在瞭,被徹底燒毀瞭。
They said the little girl did it, I’m not sure why though.
他們說是那小女孩放的火,但我不清楚原因。
Maybe she thought she could burn away the memories?
或許她覺得她可以把回憶燒掉?
I wonder whether the memories inside that house disappeared too when it burnt down.
我在想那些房子裡的回憶是不是也在房子燒毀時消失不見瞭。
Maybe there’s a new cottage there now.
也許現在那裡有一間新小屋瞭。
It makes no difference I suppose.
這沒有什麼不一樣,我想。
九點:
I never visited the grave.
我沒有去看過那墳墓。
There’s no point to it, she’s not in it.
這樣做沒有意義,她不在裡面。
Not sure there would be a point even if she were.
就算她在裡面我也不敢肯定這就有意義。
They decided to bury an empty coffin, so that they can get on with their lives.
他們決定埋下一個空棺材,這樣他們的生活就可以繼續。
I don’t blame them.
我不怪他們。
I’m used to those.
我習慣瞭這些。
There’s no point to it either.
這也同樣沒有什麼意義。
I wish to be buried at sea when my day comes.
我希望我的限期來到的時候,我能夠被埋葬在海裡。
It seems appropriate.
這聽上去很合適。
十點:
I played a few games with the boys earlier.
不久前我和孩子們玩瞭下遊戲。
But my heart wasn’t in it.
但我的心不在裡面。
I wanted to get back to the radio.
我想要回到無線電旁。
I rarely stay too long on anyone frequency.
我很少停留在別人的頻道上。
I turn the dial, listen to the radio cracked.
我轉動著轉盤,聽著無線電吱呀作響。
Open it up, pick up a signal.
打開它,挑一個信號。
The signal from far away, some feel little mad to me.
那些來自遠方的信號,有些會讓我覺得非常奇怪。
Not sure what I’m looking for.
不敢肯定我在找什麼。
十一點:
Hey boy!
嘿孩子!
Come here! Come here! Come here!
過來!過來!過來這兒!
Ha, little boy, come here!
哈,小夥,過來這兒!
Be that way.
就這樣吧。
He’s an old ** on board that we called Gaze, but he doesn’t answer to that name.
他是一直船上的狗,我們叫他做蓋茲,但他不應這個名字。
**
Gaze has been on that ship longer than any others.
蓋茲在船上的日子比所有其他人都要長。
He loves to sleep on my feet.
他喜歡在我的腳上睡覺。
I don’t mind, he keeps him from getting cold.
我不介意,他是在讓自己暖和一點。
I tell him about another dog I once knew.
我告訴他另一條我以前知道的狗。
Gaze waves his tail.
蓋茲搖著他的尾巴。
I tell him about the little girl that loved that dog.
我告訴他那個喜歡那隻狗的女孩。
He yawns, and sneezes all over my trousers.
他打瞭個哈欠,把鼻涕都噴在瞭我的褲子上。
I tell him of all the stranger wonder things I have seen.
我告訴他所有我看過的怪異奇事。
Gaze chases his tail.
蓋茲追著他的尾巴。
I tell him about the woman I left at shore.
我告訴他那個我留在岸上的女人。
Gaze ** himself to me, and puts his head in my lap.
蓋茲看著我,把他的頭放到我的大腿上。
Good boy, Gaze, lie down in it. Good boy.
好孩子,蓋茲,躺在這兒吧。好孩子。
Sleep well, Gaze. Sleep well.
好好睡吧,蓋茲,好好睡。
十二點:
Living poor for a long journey used to be a bit of sweet.
窮遊一段長長的旅途曾經是頗為不錯的。
It was a feeling of **, not because of the waves.
那是一種晃蕩的感覺,不是因為海浪。
It felt like that ** in two directions.
感覺就好像在同時往兩個方向走。
Seeing her on the dock, that was hard.
在碼頭上看見她,這很讓人辛苦。
I couldn’t tell whether she was crying or not.
我沒辦法看出她是不是在哭。
I thought it was for the best though,
我以為這是最好的做法,
I don’t think it was right that she should sit in that cottage, long for me.
我並不覺得她應該坐在小屋裡等待著我。
Wasn’t right that I should long for her all those long months at sea.
也不覺得我應該在那些漫長的日日月月裡等待著她。
There had been too much longing.
太多漫長的等待瞭。
She said that she didn’t mind me leaving, as long as I came back.
她說她不介意我離開,隻要我會回來。
I didn’t.
我沒有。
If I cut her loss, she could find another, someone who can take care of that girl with her.
如果我斷絕聯系,她會去找另一個人吧,另一個能夠和她一起照料那女孩的人。
She seemed so happy with that little girl.
和那女孩在一起的時候,她看上去很高興。
I thought it might be enough for her.
我以為這樣對她來說就足夠瞭。
I was a fool.
我是個笨蛋。
The sea is beautiful from land, land is beautiful from sea.
從陸地上看,大海很美;從大海上看,陸地很美。
p.s. 這裡有一個英語的雙關語。“long”作為形容詞時意為“長”,作為動詞時意為“等待”。